Part of being a homeowner is that you must maintain it and do the occasional bit of renovation to keep it looking good. One of the more frequent tasks that results in a noticeable positive difference is repainting your interior or exterior walls. A poorly done job, however, will have the opposite effect and more than likely require another fix soon. Showroom Condition has some useful suggestions as to how to get it done right the first time:
- Tape – Masking tape can be a huge help when it comes to painting only the surfaces you want and avoiding making a mess. Neatly tape against where you want the edge to be and peel the tape away while the paint is still wet to leave a nice, clean line. If you forgot a piece of tape on the wall and the paint has dried, it is best to run a knife along the inside edge of the tape before peeling it off, as it can help to prevent you inadvertently peeling the fresh coat of paint off.
- Plug Points – Always remove plug covers before painting and use tape to mask off the hole. If you leave the covers on, it almost always results in painting the plug cover to the wall, which always looks messy and results in broken paint if you ever must remove or replace the cover.
- Wall Damage – Don’t ignore pre-existing damage to the surface that you’re planning to paint. Fill or repair any holes, large or small, before painting as it will always be obvious if you’ve simply tried to hide a problem.
- Wall Preparation – This is especially important when painting a repaired, old or water damaged wall. In fact, in just a few days your new paint job will flake, crumble or drop off the wall if it has not been properly prepared. Thoroughly sand the wall before reaching for the paint, as any flaky, floury or crumbly sections of the old surface finish won’t be fixed by just painting over them. Clean the wall with a damp cloth right before painting, to ensure that your new paint will last as long and look as good as possible.
- Technique – Long, even and parallel strokes of the paintbrush are the most effective way to get a good, even painting finish.
Painting your home takes a lot of foresight and effort, which is why we at Showroom Condition offer our expert painting services in Johannesburg, Gauteng, to you. Our painting team has years of experience in painting every type of home in every type of paint. Our friendly and professional staff will get your painting job done before you know it, first time, at a price that works for your budget. So contact us today!
Waterproofing your home is essential if you want to keep water out, especially in seasons where rain can cause havoc. It is a great displeasure for a home owner to have to discard expensive furniture if it has been ruined by water damage. Thus, it is important to waterproof your house to ensure no unwanted leaks can ruin your décor.
Here are a few waterproofing solutions you can choose from if your house is leaking, whether it may be from rain or an underground water problem:
- Waterproofing products – Products such as paint primer can solve your leak problem. It is important however to determine how bad the leak is and if paint primer will be able to stop the leak from getting any worse. If you have water seeping from your walls, it will not be recommended to use paint primer.
- Crack injections – If your wall has a crack and there is water coming from it, it is best to inject the crack with epoxy or polyurethane material. Doing so will prevent water from coming through the crack but is not recommended for all types of walls.
- Exterior excavation waterproofing – To stop a leak, you will have to excavate from 1.8 meters to 2.4 meters on the outside of the foundation in order to get to the culprit of the leakage. It will typically be a faulty pipeline or natural water flowing into the foundation area. This can be quite expensive, but doing so can prevent any future leaks.
- Interior excavator waterproofing – This method is more commonly used and much less expensive. By using this method, you will need to know how strong the flow of natural water is that moves beneath the floor. Installing pipes to lead the water away from the building can solve the problem permanently.
Waterproofing services at Showroom Condition
At Showroom Condition we specialise in waterproofing services and can help you with any water related issues you might have.
Contact us today to make use of our waterproofing services.
So you have decided to paint the interior of your house. Now what? One of the first considerations, of course, is deciding on a colour. While interior decorating advice is abundant, choosing the perfect colour for your house can be a tough decision. At Showroom Condition, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer you the best in handyman services in Johannesburg, where one of our areas of expertise is house painting. When you partner with Showroom Condition to paint your house, we promise to be with you every step of the way, starting with some advice on choosing the best colour for the interior of your house.
Tips for choosing the best paint colour for your house
- Be wary of choosing overly bright colours, as they might prove overpowering on your walls. If you do decide on a bright colour, consider your furnishings. If these are neutral, a bright colour could work well in a room. There is also the option to paint one wall of a room in a bright colour, while choosing more neutral hues for the remaining walls.
- Consider the overall picture. The interior of a house should flow from room to room, implying that the paint chosen for each room should complement the rooms on either side.
- Look at the trends. Painting trends can certainly be useful in terms of finding ideas and inspiration for your house, yet guard against doing what is too popular, so as to stand out. Remember that trends come and go and you need to be happy with the final product for years to come.
- Remember the importance of lighting. Natural light, such as that streaming in from windows, implies that strong colours might be overwhelming beside a large window. Consider where your windows are placed when it comes to choosing the right colour for your walls.
At Showroom Condition, as experts in the field of house painting services, we guarantee to take care of all your painting needs. If you are considering painting your house, be it interior or exterior painting, Showroom Condition is the perfect partner for the job. For more information on our painting services, or to find out about our wide range of handyman services, contact us today.
Choosing a house painting service can be quite tricky and at times can result in many headaches. Painting your house is a fabulous investment and should not be neglected in any way. The truth is you need an expert in the industry who you can trust to do the job and do so as professionally and promptly as possible. There are always concerns when entrusting the appearance of you home in the hands of others. Here are some guarantees offered by a reputable home painting contractor.
Service Guarantees by Showroom Condition
- Constant supervised staff.
You can rest assured that the staff are under constant supervision ensuring that your home painting job is done professionally and has speedily as possible.
- An organised, safe worksite.
A worksite which does not function optimally can result in time delays and extra costs. Choose a home painting contractor who offers the very best service, guaranteed.
- Friendly and professional service.
A reliable contractor such as Showroom Condition always offers professional and friendly service.
- Quality paints and materials.
To ensure you are receiving value for money make sure your contractor of choice only uses the very best paints and materials available. Yet another guarantee offered by Showroom Condition.
- Speedy Service
Showroom Condition guarantees to have all work done in the shortest time possible without compromising on the quality of workmanship.
- Workmanship and quality product guarantee.
You will know you are receiving the very best service guaranteed. One more reason why Showroom Conditions remains a trusted name in the home painting industry.
Call on Showroom Condition today
Contact us today and we shall answer any query that you may have or request an obligation free quote for all your home painting requirements.
Sometimes we feel we don’t really need home painting services and want to opt for painting our own homes. It’s easy to paint a single wall, but after a few hours of painting most people get tired and start to do a sloppy job (especially when you need to get up onto ladders to paint ceiling trims and other nitty-gritty pieces of your home).
Quite a lot goes into a paint job. Here are some things you should keep in mind:
- DIY. When considering doing the paint job yourself you have to think of what tools you will need. You will also have to buy those tools and equipment. This is not a cheap buy. On top of that, you have to factor in a budget for the actual paint.
- Professional. Professionals come with their own proper equipment which they’ve been using for years. They do not have to buy equipment just for that specific job and take you back a couple of unnecessary Rands.
- DIY. Your paint job also depends on what kind of exterior or interior you have so you have to have knowledge of the texture of your walls too. Firstly, this is a bit much to ask for and secondly, you can’t really find out from the internet what type of walls you have.
- Professional. Professionals have been painting for many years and they know how to get the job done without dripping paint onto furniture and carpets. If you want a neat and tidy finish, rather outsource the job.
Affordable and efficient house painting services in Gauteng
For small jobs DIY paint jobs are acceptable but when painting your house, to be on the safe side, rather hire professional home painting services for a better, cleaner and faster job. Forget the DIY for a bit and contact Showroom Condition to get your house done by a professional.
People who prefer not to make use of painting services in Johannesburg are often unprepared for the amount of work that goes into the painting of their home. While it might be cheaper to do it yourself than hire professional labour, there are definitely certain dire pitfalls to avoid. Buying the wrong paint, incorrect brushing techniques and using the incorrect base can all lead to serious and expensive headaches.
Here are a few mistakes to avoid when painting your home:
- Painting without primer: Primer is used to give paint a good surface to adhere to and for bringing out the true colour of the shade paint that you chose. Any professional painting service knows that going forward without primer can lead to poor results.
- Impatience: This can be a major issue for anyone painting their home. Many people start the painting with the best of intentions and then soon become overwhelmed with all the work associated with it. Do not rush. After taking the time to fix every imperfection with patching compound, wait and make sure that it is completely dry before you sand and prime (or else it will have been a complete waste of time).
- Brushing vs. rolling: Once again here the labour of professional painting services will be able to offer you great advice and results. For a large interior area, a good roller will do a much better job in no time. Make sure to choose the correct nap roller for the sheen of paint and always try to avoid pushing the roller into the wall when painting.
If you feel that you will benefit more from professional painting services in Johannesburg, contact Showroom Conditions for competitive and skilled painting services.
Contact us for painting services in Johannesburg