When looking into taking out maintenance contracts, are you completely certain as to what they are? A little bit of clarity goes a long way especially before committing yourself to being contractually bound to something or the other. A maintenance contract is an agreed fixed fee service provided by a contractor for periodic maintenance of either buildings or equipment. This means there is an understanding between the handyman and home – or equipment – owner that on a monthly basis, things will be serviced. While people tend to think there is not enough to do in their home in order to take out such a contract, it can actually prove to be one of the most beneficial contracts of your life.
Monthly maintenance contract bliss
Picture this, it is a glorious Saturday morning, the weather is perfect, the game is coming on later and you have the best piece of steak defrosting for the braai later. But all of this gets swooped from under you in a second when you hear “Honey, the sink is leaking.” Whatever household appliance has decided to break on this idyllic day has just derailed your entire plan. However, if you had a handyman in place with a monthly maintenance contract, you would not have to worry. Your contract will ensure that every single month your house is cared for and all the little tinkers that need to be done actually are, without getting in the way of you and the game.
Where can I get a monthly maintenance contract?
If this sounds too good to be true, think again. Such a contract can be made between you and Showroom Condition today. With a wide variety of services which we cover, you can trust that your home will be in safe hands every step of the way. Get in touch with us today and let us lend a helping hand.
When you find yourself in need of a handyman in Gauteng it might seem daunting finding a reliable and experienced professional. Many people first take a stab at a DIY project in an attempt to do what needs to be done and in that way save on the fees they’d have to pay the handyman. While DIY projects can be fun and rewarding, you have no backup should something go wrong and you could end up spending more money than you would have if you simply contracted the job to a professional in the first place.
Finding a reliable handyman does not need to be a stressful experience. Follow these tips to source a skilled professional who will make quick work of everything that needs to be done:
- Make a list of what needs to be repaired: Before starting your search for a professional and reliable handyman, first make a list of what needs to be fixed. This can vary from faulty light switches, fixing loose cabinet doors, dripping faucets or broken fences, etc. Keep this list handy when starting your search and verify that the handyman has experience in fixing all the problems on your list.
- Only go with professionals: You will not allow simply anyone to take care of your property maintenance. Thus only consider working with a licensed, professional handyman that can offer proof of past projects and experience.
- Making a shortlist: Ask friends and family for referrals, check the local business directory and hit the web for a professional handyman.
- Research and quotes: After researching your prospective handyman and vouching for his skill and experience, ask him to offer you a quote on the work and compare it with at least three other handymen.
It should not be difficult at all finding a reliable handyman in Gauteng if you approach it step-by-step and don’t compromise on the professionalism of the service provider you choose.
Back to property maintenance services
Tying yourself down to a home maintenance contract in Gauteng should not be a decision you take lightly. You are going to trust someone else to work on, maintain and make repairs to your most valuable investment.
You will easily be able to find many companies offering maintenance contracts in Gauteng. However, sifting through all the possibilities to find a reliable and professional service provider might prove somewhat of a challenge. Make it easier by making sure the following is included in your maintenance contract:
- Stipulate the length of the contract: The length of the home maintenance contract should be clearly stipulated in the contract. If a notice period is required after the contract expires, this should also be clearly documented. The company should also let you know what form of notice will be accepted.
- What is included: Here you will have the chance to include all aspects of your property’s maintenance that will be covered by the contract. Agree on and list all the things the property maintenance company will be responsible for such as pool maintenance, waterproofing and roofing repairs, gutters and drains maintenance and other household plumbing, for example. Be as thorough and comprehensive as possible.
- What’s the cost: The cost of the monthly property maintenance contract should be agreed on and clearly stipulated in the contract. If something not covered in the contract needs to be fixed (such as your water heater, for example), a reasonable fee structure should be included that will determine the additional costs you need to pay.
- Responsibilities of both parties: Clearly set out the responsibilities of the maintenance company and what will be expected of you. This will eliminate any possibility of miscommunications or misconceptions from taking place.
As always, do your due diligence and research any prospective maintenance company before signing a home maintenance contract in Gauteng.
Back to property maintenance services