A leaking faucet can become very annoying after a while and with only a few handyman tips, you will soon forget that “tap-tap-tap”. If you choose to fix a broken faucet in or around your home without the assistance of a professional handyman service, you need to make sure that you use the correct DIY handyman methods of fixing the leak.
Here are some tips for a DIY handyman on fixing a broken faucet that is easy to do for the basic DIY person at home:
- When preparing to fix the broken faucet, you need to ensure that the water is turned off at the main water pipe of your home. This way, you will not have the mess of cleaning up an entire room filled with water afterward.
- If you unscrew the handle from the faucet, make sure that you use a little oil to ensure you do not damage any of the other faucet parts.
- When removing the stem of the faucet, make sure to use a high-quality wrench. You also need to check all the removed parts for damage to determine where the fault is.
- Replacing the old O-rings and washers are crucial when repairing a faucet and should be done carefully. You need to make sure that these O-rings and washers are exact fits to the old parts.
- Before reassembling all the parts, make sure that all the parts are clean and free of debris. Doing this will lessen the chance of the faucet becoming faulty again in the near future.
- It is beneficial to sort the leak out as soon as possible as neglecting it can cause bigger leaks near the spout and other parts that will need to be replaced.
Showroom Condition will make your house a home
At Showroom Condition, you will receive a wide variety of handyman services which includes house painting, waterproofing, plumbing services, electrical services, and much more.
For more information, do not hesitate to give us a call and one of our handymen will assist you!