Waterproofing your house is essential to maintain the good condition of your house. Follow these DIY tips to keep your house waterproof, but you should hire professional handyman services if you do have a damp problem.
Most people are reluctant to spend money on waterproofing their home. This is understandable because you won’t see the benefits in the same way that a new coast of paint can give your house a facelift
However, waterproofing your house is a necessary expense that can save you money in the long run. If you don’t waterproof your house, you’re likely to permanently damage your furniture (there goes that Oregon pine dining table), while fixing the structural damage from seeping water can cost you a small fortune.
DIY solutions to waterproof your house
- Check your guttering for cracks, which might cause leaks
- Examine all pipes and gutters for blockages as these blockages can cause water to collect and see through your house
- Are there any cracks in your walls? These should be fixed before they get any bigger and cause a damp problem
- Also look out for dark staining on your walls, as this is an indication that you could have a damp problem
- Have a look at your ceiling. Damp is easy to spot on your ceiling and it may mean you need to replace roof slates, or check your geyser for leaks
- It is also a good idea to make use of extractor fans in rooms that have a lot of steam, such as the bathroom and kitchen
Of course, there are different causes of damp – water seepage in your house could be the result of rising damp, or you may have a condensation problem. Different causes of water seepage require different waterproofing solutions, making it best to hire professional handyman services to fix any damp problems you may have.
To waterproof you house and maintain the good condition of your house contact Showroom Condition today and you can have the benefit of professional handyman services to take care of al your damp problems and save you money in the long run.