So, you’ve invested in a new washing machine to help make your life easier? Great! Now all that’s left to do is connect and install it in your home. Luckily, you don’t have to be a plumbing professional to tackle this task. With a bit of patience and determination, it is possible for almost anyone to get it right. Just be sure to follow our helpful guide below to ensure a smooth, stress-free process.
Step by Step
- Start off by running hot and cold water supply pipes to the connection point and terminate each with a shutoff valve – this is only if you are installing a new washing machine at a new location.
- Grab the washing machine’s water supply hoses (located at the back of the appliance) and screw them into the connections.
- Connect the supply hoses to the correct valves and move the washing machine into place.
- Lastly, place the drain hose into the laundry sink or the standpipe.
- Before you give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done, make sure that you turn on the water supply valves to check for any leaks. If there is a leak, you might need to double check that everything has been properly screwed in and sealed off before running your new appliance.
The question is, why install your own washing machine when you can get the professionals to do it instead? Contacting a plumber in Gauteng is the easiest way in which to ensure the perfect end result! Here at Showroom Condition, we specialise in plumbing services in Johannesburg and can help you to connect your new washing machine in minutes. Call us now to learn more or to book an appointment.