Laminate flooring is an excellent choice for high traffic areas as it is more durable and resistant to stains when compared to other flooring options such as hardwood and carpet. It is also one of the most affordable flooring options currently available on the market. Read on for everything you need to know about laying it like a pro and making the best possible purchase decision.
- While laminate flooring can be placed anywhere in the home, it works best in living areas and hallways. However, there are certain types of laminate flooring that have been especially designed for bathrooms and kitchens. Always check the details on the packaging before heading to the till!
- Not sure how much to buy? Simply measure the width of your room at its widest points, followed by the length. Multiply them together to give you the area of your room in m2. Add 10% just to be safe.
- In order to lay the laminate flooring yourself, you will need a variety of tools including a mallet, claw hammer, measuring tape, combination square, jigsaw, laminate underlay, expansion strip, scotia, craft knife, spirit level and saw.
- Choose your underlay carefully. There are a number of options including wood fibre boards, polyfoam and a combined underlay.
- Remember to vacuum the floor before getting started, and ensure that the entire area is completely dry.
Keen to hire a handyman in Gauteng to help make the process a bit easier and to ensure perfect results? If so, you can always count on Showroom Condition. Specialising in all sorts of handyman services from fitting laminate flooring to hanging curtains and shelves, we have the experience and skills necessary to get the job done right the first time! For more information, do not hesitate to give us a call.