First of all, congratulations on becoming a homeowner! As a housewarming gift, we’ve drawn up a useful home maintenance checklist that will help you keep your investment in top shape all year round.
- Check your roof for missing or broken tiles and damaged eaves.
- Clear out your gutters thoroughly and have any weak points repaired.
- Check all your windows and doors to make sure that they are in good repair after the winter – there should be no cracks, crumbling seals or rot.
- Check your roof for missing or broken tiles, damaged eaves or deteriorated flashing and have it repaired.
- Check your gutters and downspouts for blockages caused by debris and clear them out. Also, make sure that the gutters aren’t sagging or dented and that the downspouts are all straight.
- If you have a chimney, make sure that the bricks and cement are in good condition – cracks and crumbling cement should be repaired immediately. Also, have your chimney cleaned to ensure there are no blockages.
- Check your windows to make sure that they are still fitting soundly and there are no signs of rot, misalignment or crumbling seals.
- If you have any underfloor heating in your home, turn it on as soon as it starts getting cooler. It’s cheaper to heat your home moderately from the start of winter than to try heating it from freezing. Also, this gives you a chance of seeing if there are any faults well in advance of cold weather.
- If you have a septic tank, make sure to schedule a professional check-up once a year.
- Have your main drains cleaned out annually to prevent blockages – this is especially important if you have mature trees on your property, as their roots can be very invasive.
If you’d like some assistance keeping up with your home maintenance, please don’t hesitate to contact us at Showroom Conditions today. We offer affordable monthly home maintenance contracts that will keep you in budget – and your home in perfect condition!