The roof of a house should not be underestimated. Not only does it keep the elements out, but it can also transform the look of a house, where a fresh coat of paint can do wonders to give your house a facelift. Showroom Condition, a Johannesburg based company specialising in handyman services including house painting, is the ideal partner to look after all your painting needs. When painting your roof, there are a number of important issues to consider and so we would like to offer you a few words of advice.
Top tips for roof painting
- Consider the material and surface of your roof. When deciding to paint a roof, the surface matters. For instance, corrugated iron roofs can be simple to paint, but are also more likely to rust and thus require maintenance and touch ups.
- Choose your paint wisely. While the colour of your roof is certainly a consideration, where the colour chosen should complement your walls, while not being overly bright, the type of paint used is also essential. For example, the paint selected should be UV resistant so as to endure the elements.
- Ensure that your roof is ready to paint. This implies that the surface should be cleaned and free of dirt and dust, repaired where there might be damage, such as rust or mold, and waterproofed.
- Consider the weather. Remember that the weather can affect your paint job, where heavy rainfall on wet paint will spoil the job, while hot temperatures and direct sunlight can dry paint before it has adhered to the surface sufficiently.
- Remember your footprints! When painting a roof, it is important to know how you plan to get off the roof without leaving a trail.
Painting a roof can be tricky and that is why we, at Showroom Condition, are dedicated to making sure that your painting hassles are a thing of the past. If you are looking to paint your roof or any other aspect of your house, Showroom Condition offers the best in house painting services. For more information, or to find out about our other handyman services, such as fitting shelves and replacing broken windows, get in touch with us today.
So you have decided to paint the interior of your house. Now what? One of the first considerations, of course, is deciding on a colour. While interior decorating advice is abundant, choosing the perfect colour for your house can be a tough decision. At Showroom Condition, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer you the best in handyman services in Johannesburg, where one of our areas of expertise is house painting. When you partner with Showroom Condition to paint your house, we promise to be with you every step of the way, starting with some advice on choosing the best colour for the interior of your house.
Tips for choosing the best paint colour for your house
- Be wary of choosing overly bright colours, as they might prove overpowering on your walls. If you do decide on a bright colour, consider your furnishings. If these are neutral, a bright colour could work well in a room. There is also the option to paint one wall of a room in a bright colour, while choosing more neutral hues for the remaining walls.
- Consider the overall picture. The interior of a house should flow from room to room, implying that the paint chosen for each room should complement the rooms on either side.
- Look at the trends. Painting trends can certainly be useful in terms of finding ideas and inspiration for your house, yet guard against doing what is too popular, so as to stand out. Remember that trends come and go and you need to be happy with the final product for years to come.
- Remember the importance of lighting. Natural light, such as that streaming in from windows, implies that strong colours might be overwhelming beside a large window. Consider where your windows are placed when it comes to choosing the right colour for your walls.
At Showroom Condition, as experts in the field of house painting services, we guarantee to take care of all your painting needs. If you are considering painting your house, be it interior or exterior painting, Showroom Condition is the perfect partner for the job. For more information on our painting services, or to find out about our wide range of handyman services, contact us today.